Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Common Sense Lessons

I was parking my car in the morning after reaching office. Not being an expert, I somehow managed. There was a raised iron cover and I parked in such a way that the back tyre was half on the cover and half hanging. Some drivers standing nearby asked me to take it forward or backward. I did, and then they told me if you keep tyre like this, tyre can burst due to pressure. Lesson learnt, though after hearing it, I felt like a fool not knowing it. I remember parking my car like this earlier also but did not think of this.

This reminded me of another small thing I got to know after driving car for more than 10 years. A friend told me that you can push the knob on rear-view mirror to prevent getting blinded by high-beam lights. I felt silly that I did not know this earlier. 

Similarly when two from tyres of my car got burst in a span of few days, I got them replaced with new tyres. The shopkeeper advised to get the new tyres fixed on fron wheels. I said why. He explained the front tyres take engine load so better to have new tyres. Also he suggested that if I am getting two new tyres, better to have both in the front as tyre wear-tear will be same. Common sense after i was told about it. 

Funny how we keep learning things always. By the way when I bought a new car in 2000 or so, I managed to get its back damaged by not applying hand-brake or gear on slope, and noticing my car had slided down and hit a pole. 

How is that for learning by own mistakes.

#car #learning #commonsense #auto #lessons

2 comments:

  1. Arre Bhai,You have got promoted.Pay revision is likely .So go out and buy a SUV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the one I have now, my second one, is 2010 model. For SUV, Researching for last two years. I want good mileage, automatic transmission and good looks SUV. Basically a 30-lakh car for 10 lakh price.

    ReplyDelete