Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Notes on Spirituality 170721

Socrates was nearing his death. His disciples asked him, where would you like to be buried? He replied, you can bury me if you catch me. You can only bury my body, that you can bury anywhere. He was pointing to the concept of immortality.

There are many electric gadgets in the house like bulb running on the power of electricity. If a bulb says I am all powerful on my own, it is wrong. Just like that if I say that I am the doer, that is wrong. I am the all pervading soul, body is the doer.

There is an overload cutout built in our electricity supply. This ensures that connection with main supply is cut off when there is overload in some part. This ensures safety and prevents further damage to the main supply. Similarly when there is an emotional overload in our body like when we are angry, the cutout disconnects our brain to prevent further damage and to avoid leaving these episodes permanent scars on the mind.

There are five elements of nature. Earth, water, fire, air and space. Earth has all the five sense elements, so it is grossest. Shabd/sound, sparsh/touch, roopah/seeing, Rasa/taste and Gandha/smell. There is no smell in pure water, so it has four. There is no taste and smell in fire. Then air has only two, sound and touch. Space has only one, shabda. Space is the subtlest. Senses can work only in presence of sense objects. Both are made up of three Gunas, rajas, Tamas and saatvik.

No comments:

Post a Comment