Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Notes on Spirituality 150821

Selfish action is binding, selfless action is liberating.

Janak, father of Sita and Ashwapati, father of Kaikeyi were kings free from attachment.

Through actions we aim to get comforts/happiness (sukha prapti) and avoid discomfort (dukh nivrati). Just like cold is absence of heat and darkness is absence of light, comfort is absence of discomfort. 

I minus I want is happiness. I plus I want is unhappiness. 

Both likes and dislikes (rag and dwesh) are your enemies. 

You can take your vasanas (attachments) and give the a direction to be more liberated. You overpower them. For example if you like singing film songs, sing them as bhajans.

Doctors smoke knowing very well the dangers. Because they are attached. You need to exhaust or transcend your attachments like a child grows up and gets detached from toys.

Dharma is law of being, which makes me what I am.

Desire is like a kleenex.  You take one out, next one pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment