Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Social Media Posts and Corona

When lockdown began in India in late march we could see people sharing Corona  jokes on social media like Facebook. There were trends like saree look, cooking time, house cleaning etc. I was one of those sharing such jokes. Though some were objecting to such funny shares as being insensitive and in bad taste. But I had a different view. I felt that just because we are facing a threat to our lives we can't stop living and laughing. In my view such funny shares were helping people cope with tough times. The depression, tension, stress arising out of being closed in our homes could be lessened if we laughed at things and took it on bravely.
But all that changed when one of my senior colleagues lost his life. The deaths which were just an number for me till then became human. I could not dare to share any funny share related to Corona after that. Each time I got one I was reminded of the senior. Over a month has passed but even now I think thrice about sharing any funny post even distantly related to Corona. 
The increasing deaths show that the virus is no laughing matter. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment