Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

Stories from Work-2

 Yours truly is blessed with ample body weight that can equal combined weight of two people of my height. That has resulted in funny situations at work and elsewhere. Let me share two from work.

I was transferred to Delhi in 2006. I started going to office at Lodi Road from our company flats in Kaushambi, Ghaziabad by a chartered bus which was running already. One of the co-passengers was Anil Mishra Sir, who has a very good sense of humour. One fine day, while going to office, he remarked, "When Mr Rath mentioned about bringing a heavy weight boy to Delhi office, I did not guess that he was talking of body weight."

In another incident, our corporate office was being redesigned and new cubicles were being constructed. Some were small, some were large and plan was to assign them based on seniority. Now I was aware that based on my designation at that time, I was to be assigned a small cubicle. So, just for fun, in a department meeting, I told my boss, "Cubicles should be assigned based on weight of employee. More the weight, bigger the cubicle." But my boss, Arti Luniya Madam who is sharp and usually reticent quipped, "Sanjay, in that case, it should be the other way around. Smaller cubicles should be assigned to weighty people so that they stay motivated to become fit for that cubilcle size." I had no reply and sheepishly smiled back.

Let me share another recent humorous episode, not related to weight though. I was not promoted in due time a couple of years back and shared that with my father. In between, our company decided to change designation names, in consonance with other PSUs. So E-6 in our company was changed from AGM to DGM. Grade was same, just name was changed. I shared that with my father too. Later when I got promotion and my designation was changed to GM, I shared my happiness with family and friends. Funny part came when I overheard my father telling someone on phone that Sanjay has been given double promotion (from AGM to DGM and then GM) as the company was impressed with his work. I wish that was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment